I'm trying to format a floppy with a dos file system using the command
"mkdosfs /dev/hdd" .  I keep getting the error message "mkdosfs: Will not try
to make filesystem on '/dev/hdd'".
I have a "two drives in one" floppy drive that is detected in harddrake as
both hdd and fd0.  It won't mount as fd0 though. I don't know if this is an
issue with making the filesystem or not.

What I'm trying to do is copy the patch.pl script that I need to install 8.2
to the floppy.  (I have an AMD-K6 processor.) I have tried making the floppy
in Windows but the installation fails.

Any help appreciated,
SW