Hello,

I post infrequently, so if the problem I am about to address has been
discussed as such in a faq or a web page I would be gratelful if someone
could send me the url otherwise, here goes.

I am upgrading my hardware.  I would like to  swap my current harddrive out
of my 586 box and putting in a new Athlon powered box with a SY-K7V Dragon
Plus MoBo.  What I would like to know is if the system kernel will boot
minimally and then perhaps recompile the system the kernel for the new
hardware and restart the system.  What to do?

Thanks,

Terry Golightly
[EMAIL PROTECTED]