On Wednesday 19 June 2002 04:54, Carlos Arigós wrote:
> I'm going to d/l KDE 3.0.1, but I don't know which are the differences
> between this two distros, and which is te best option:
>
> http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.0.1/Mandrake/8.2/
This is the standard KDE3 release packaged by Mandrake

> or:
> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-8.2/
Texstar has taken the standard Mandrake package, fixed a couple of scripting
bugs in the startkde script, removed the first time wizard which insists on
running everytime you load KDE with the standard version, added a few items
in kde control centre, changed the default startup sound, and taskbar
spinner, enabled MP3 ripping in the Audio I/O slave of konqueror, and maybe
something else I cannot remember.
In addition you will find lots of other goodies in Tex's ftp directory.

HTH

derek