On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Miark wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I used MandrakeUpdate an hour ago. It was going to install
> ImageMagick and something else. But during the process, the
> computer locked up solid. I ended up pressing reset.
>
> When it came back, X was dead. So I manually installed
> ImageMagick and its lib from the 8.2 CDs because this is
> what it was working on when it died.
>
> When I started X, I go the nVidia splash screen, but then
> it died, complaining about: FontPath   "unix/:-1".
>
> So I commented that out and started X. It lives! But alas,
> my fonts are kinda screwed up. What can I do to get it
> back to normal?
>
> Thanks,
> Miark

Honestly Miark, I'd reinstall the X server and see if that takes care of
things. you may want to go as far as uninstalling all the XFree86 packages
that you've got on the machine first so that you don't run into any "bad"
troubles.

--
daRmaTTeR

R L U: #186492
When ever people annoy me I remember, "Vengence is mine saith the Lord."
My prayer is, "...here am I Lord...send me!"