F. McKenna wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Like it says in the subject line I can't browse the 'net.  Mandrake 8.2
>dials out with my 33.6 modem and connects to my ISP but I can't browse using
>Konq, Netscape, or Mozilla.
>
>I have made all three users part of the PPP group but I am not sure where to
>take it from here.
>
>Your help would be ceeply apreciated,
>
>Frank McKenna
>
>You don't have to like it you just have to do it but it is sure fun to win
>
>True Strength lies in Gentleness

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

dns.tic.ab.ca.          53709   IN      A       198.161.220.127
ns1.ecn.ab.ca.          53709   IN      A       198.161.206.10

Those dotted numbers need to be placed in your ppp setup as nameservers.
 Then you will be able to browse.  The only reason not now is that the
browser cant get the lookup service that translates the name from
www.something.com to the IP address.

Civileme