On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:45:10 -0700 (PDT)
Duane King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> AS for my problem, I did a standard upgrade/install
> from source; Yet when I do a --version, I get th old
> one.. as if its not taking, strangly enough - any
> ideas on this?

Different versions of gcc will Install rather than Upgrade.
--version gives you 2.9.6 because that is still the default.

Having multiple versions of gcc I found it easiest to select 1 terminal
and set the env variable for this terminal to build with a specific gcc.
In your case version 3.0.1.
So I want to use eterm to always build using 3.0.1, su to root and enter
"export CC=gcc-3.0.1" without the quotes.

>From this point on, unless you change your kernel, any builds you do in
eterm will be done with gcc-3.0.1 and from any other terminal builds
will still be done with 2.9.6

   Charles

"The only way for a reporter to look at a politician is down."
-- H.L. Mencken
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]