Due to the buggy nature of the mandrake installed Gcc
2.96 (I fail to understand just why they installed a
buggy gcc in the first place.. blah), and the fact
that it can not compile some sound and vidio libs
correctly, I wish to upgrade to gcc 3.01; The problem
is, becouse of the non-standard way gcc is installed
in mandrake 8.2, it will not upgrade when I do I
standard install from the .tar source - Can ANYBODY
let me in on a way to do this, as Im have been trying
to get it working for the past day, and and all I have
from it is a headach and a heavy disrespect for for
the nonstandard system layout; Im sure its my
sleepyness and the pain in my head speaking in the
last sentance, but I really need to pgrade so I can
install mplayer and take out the poorly made xmovie,
among other much needed improvments and security
enhencements - Can anybody help?