Anand Kumar Kalyanasundaram wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Sony vaio (Athlon 1G) with Mandrake 8.2. My problem
> is that reboot from linux does not work. I tried
> "shutdown -r now" and reboot using lilo (the option in the
> kdm gui).
>
> When I use "shutdown -r now", the laptop displays
> "Sony" and it stops there (I can see the harddisk light
> glowing...forever). I then need to do a hard shutdown and
> the next time it starts up, it warns me that the
> previous boot was incomplete.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get this to work ?

I would like to know as well.

what I do now on my Vaio pcg-fx215 notebook is to do a halt instead of
reboot.
it shuts it down fine and only takes a little longer to reboot.

--
Mike McNeese

Linux registered user # 248955
currently running Mandrake versions 8.0 and 8.2

"If obstacles are all we see, then we've lost sight of our goal!"