On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Jendos wrote:

> How can I configure my local network under 8.2?
> My IP is 192.186.20.64
> Windows DNS server's IP: 192.186.20.125
> Windows post server's IP: 192.186.20.2
> Domain: inpred
> Thank!

Jendos,

you can do a couple of different ways.
        1) use Mandrake Control Center's wizards to take you through
           the configuration process. relatively painless.
        2) you can use Linuxconf to configure your machine for the network
           you're currently a part of.
        3) you can do it the old fashioned way, and access the
           configuration files directly and config your network manually.
           [the network config files live in /etc/sysconfig/]

methods 2, and 3 require either a lot of courage and curiosity on the part
of the newbie, or a moderate amount of knowledge of your machine and how
it does things. If you don't possess either one of these, then your best
bet is method 1.

--
daRmaTTeR

R L U: #186492
When ever people annoy me I remember, "Vengence is mine saith the Lord."
My prayer is, "...here am I Lord...send me!"