Paul wrote:
have you done a diff on the 2 httpd.config files?

Not yet. I have mv'd the whole old /etc/httpd tree into my home dir so
Apache could create things from scratch. The changes I had made were not
that complex, I want to put them in again later.

what other folders and config files do you have in /etc/httpd/conf/ and
other folders below /etc/httpd/? maybe move all those other files and folders to a different location (since the apache config files may now include (or not) those files. if you get an error you need that file or folder, move it back until we find the culprit that is causing the segfault.

do you have any "core" files to go with the segfaults?

I can create any number of them: I just have to start apache and the
segfault will create another coredump:

Starting httpd (debug mode and in the foreground): Fri Feb 02 21:40:03 2007] [notice] core dump file size limit raised to
4294967295 bytes

/etc/init.d/httpd: line 207:  1809 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
$httpd $httpdconf $debug -c "Pidfile /tmp/httpd-debug.pid" -c "LogLevel
debug" -c "ErrorLog /dev/stdout" -c "CustomLog /dev/stdout common"
$extramodules $modules $options

which versions of mandy and apache?

I upgraded from Powerpack 2006 to Powerpack 2007. I think 2006 ran
apache 2.0, the new one runs 2.2.

(Thanks for the help!)

Paul

hey Paul, did you ever get this running?
have you looked to see what is at line 207 of your /etc/init.d/httpd file? have you deleted '/tmp/httpd-debug.pid' ? have you tried anyone else's 2007 /etc/init.d/httpd? that was known to work on their install? (I'll send you mine off list if you still want to try, or check for diffs

--
reg. Linux User 167806
webhome http://ed-tharp.is-a-geek.org