On Friday 30 November 2001 21:38, you wrote:

Ok... but is something starting a window manager after you start X? Usually
xinitrc does this for you. On my system the global file (which starts if you
don't have a personal one) is /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and the personal file is
~/.xinitrc
make sure you start a window manager in there like:
exec startkde
or
exec gnome-session (i think it's been a while)

regards