Markus Schaber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lionel Lecoq wrote:
>
> > sorry about that, I did not realise that this was the case. Would
> > looking at the log work?
[...]
> You made the silent assumption that it is a local server, and there is
> only one.
>
> I made the silent assumption that "currently running" means the X server
> the client connected to.
>
> The OP was not really exact in his first posting, so both assumptions
> were legal.

I made the assumption that the OP wanted to put something into a client
program to query dynamically what version of server it was connected to.

The OP has been completely silent since the Original ambiguous Post.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html