> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> Hi, I was reccomened by a few other people to use the xpert 128 in X
> because it had good all around support. I chose Rage 128 as my card
> and when I startx I get this error:
[...]
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (EE) No devices detected.

Gack!!  You did put the card into a slot in the box, didn't you?  ;-)

Does scanpci(1) find the video card?  Is it listed in the spew of device
identifications when your system boots up?  You didn't tell us anything
about what Operating System  (Solaris?  QNX?) you're running, nor what
version of XFree86.

> Here is my XF86Config file: any help  is appreciated!

That's not all of the file, is it?

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html