Jan Lühr wrote:

> I haven't configured an local users, because the computer just an xdm client.
> I'm not using startx, too. I've written am short bash script, excuting the
> command "X -query 192.168.1.46 -ac -bpp 16 &", and linked it in the directory
> of second runlevel. If I start this script from the console, erverything will
> be ok, but if I boot the computer with this configuration, I'll have no
> keyboard.

Mmmm...  Interesting.  May I ask why you want to do this?  I'm guessing
you want just the simplest possible X terminal, tied to only one
specific host.

I'm also guessing that when the script gets run automatically from init
the keyboard is somehow not yet ready.  Does the mouse work?  I'm not at
all familiar with the start up processing of Debian, but I suggest (as a
place to start looking) trying to get your script to run a little later
in the process, or  put back something that you removed from the start
up scripts (but I can't guess what).

When you run the script from a text console, obviously the keyboard is
already working.  When the script gets run by init the keyboard is not
yet (known to be) ready.

Let us know about any progress you make.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html