In case you are REALLY using 4.1.0 then you are mailing us the wrong config file. The
one you sent
is a 3.3.6 file and is incompatible with X.4.x.x
You should have a XF86Config-4 and that's the right one
Section pointer and section keyboard identify the file as a 3.3.6 file and explain
your problems
** what did you do with you honest to good XF86Config-4 :^) **
I guess it will be back to running Xconfigurator...
in 4.x.x you have something like that for mouse and keyboard (please don't use dumbly
this is just
an example)
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
#       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
#       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
Good luck
Lionel