Naveed Anwar wrote:
Hello,I wrote this coz i encouter with the problem while installing Xfree86 4.2.0 which is stated below,
When I run the script:
sh xinstall.sh
I received the message:
Do u want to continue(y/n): y
Now I received the following information on my screen after Pressing ?y? in response to above question i.e.
Checking which OS you? re running?..
Uname reports ?Linux? version ?2.2.16-22? , architecture ?i686?.
Object format is ?ELF?. Libc version is ?6.1.92? (6.2).
Warning: can?t detect the bindist version
Checking for required files ???
The files:
Xbin.tgz , xlib.tgz , xman.tgz , xdoc.tgz , xfnts.tgz , xfenc.tgz , xetc.tgz , xetc.tgz
Xvar.tgz , xxserv.tgz , xmod.tgz.
Must be present in the current directory to proceed with the installation. You should be able to find it at the same place you picked up the rest of the XFree86 binary distribution.
Please re-run ?sh xinstall.sh? to proceed with the installation when you have them.
I wrote the above problem which I faced while installing by using xinstall.sh script.
I download all the above mentioned files from the xfree86 site but from my distribution folder i.e
ftp://ftp.esat.net/pub/X11/XFree86/4.2.0/binaries/Linux-ix86-glibc22/
which contains my installed distribution files.
Also I am working according to Xfree86 official instructions for installing Xfree86. I put all the downloaded files in to a single directory and copies it into the root drive of the Linux system.
Plz tell me what I do in order to install my Xfree86 4.2.0 version on my system and tell me whats the problem which I faced.
Naveed