I installed 7.3 Professional default with Office on a HP Pavilion N5210
notebook with 64MB RAM and 10GB hard drive.  When I inserted "Options
sw_cursor" in XF86Config, it gave me the proper arrow cursor.

However, only text mode and Failsafe work fine.  I still have these problems
with the other graphical interfaces:

1) KDE displays a desktop with only the two or three icons or half-icons:
trash can, CD drive, sometimes half of the world globe.  But the screen
freezes immediately, and nothing works.  Sometimes KDE opens with a red
background and exploding bomb graphics.  Ctrl-Alt-Del is usually the only
way out.

2) fvwm2 usually paints only the top half of the screen, leaving the bottom
half without even the background, and then it freezes.  (Sometimes it paints
a distorted screen instead.)  None of the keyboard commands work here.  Only
a paperclip in the reset hole gets me out.

3) mwm and twm have similar problems, and the screen soon freezes.

I have re-installed four times in the week since I have had SuSe Linux
Professional 7.3, and still can not use anything except the text-based
screens.

I have not yet received any personal contact from SuSE Support -- only
automated replies to my e-mails.  Please help.

Thank you,
David