Hi,

True, you do not have a driver for i845. The support for this graphics card is in the cvs tree, which you can download and compile. I did it myself and it works with minor problems.

check this out:
http://www.xfree86.org/~dawes/845driver.html

good luck
Zaher

alan murphy wrote:

I have recently tried (unsuccessfully) to install Red Hat 8.0 on a new Dell dimension 2300 (with Intel i845 chipset and Intel Extreme Graphics). The X server cannot manage the video/monitor and whenever it attempts to start up, the monitor displays "Cannot display this video mode". I haven't been able to find out if RH8.0 uses XFree86 3.3.6 or 4.2.1. I strongly suspect I don't have a driver to support the i845. Any and all suggestions most welcome.
Regards,