Over the past decade, the city of New York has purchased land in the area
of their watershed under a filtration waver program. Most of this land is
in small [less than a 250 acres] parcels, and is open to passive
recreational activities such as hiking. They have published maps of the
individual parcels in PDF format & using a wide variety of scales [to fit
on a single 8 1/2 X 11 printout]. [
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/watershed_protection/recreation_maps.shtml]

They're great short-ish walks & I would like to add them to OSM.

However, aligning them presents a problem. "Field Papers" is one solution,
and I can convert the PDF into tiff, but is this the best [or only]
solution?  Fugawi advertises itself as being able to convert maps using
three reference points, but migrating this into OSM is a question - so, is
anything like this available for OSM?

Tlhanks!

--
Jim Mays 845-657-2013