http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=75266

MEDIA MATTERS
Ex-Air America host: Palin can't be trusted with teen boys
Randi Rhodes follows up claim McCain was treated well by Vietnamese captors

11:50 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Former Air America host Randi Rhodes followed up her claim that
presidential candidate John McCain was actually well-treated as a prisoner of
war in North Vietnam with an insinuation that his running mate, Sarah Palin,
can't be trusted around teen-age boys.
Explaining to her listeners on Friday who Alaska Gov. Palin is, she said:
"She's the woman who shows up at the kid's birthday party and starts opining
about everything from politics to lawn care. This is the woman that knows it
all. Will shout you down, will get revenge on you. That's who she is. She's
friends with all the teenage boys. You have to say no when your kids say, 'Can
we sleep over at the Palins'? No! No!"

Earlier in the week, Rhodes attacked McCain's life story, claiming that during
his POW captivity in North Vietnam he was "well-treated, actually" and that
despite his claims of suffering brutal torture, his wife "knows the truth too."
Rhodes' radio program is syndicated on Nova M Radio, which also operates a
radio station in McCain's home state of Arizona and calls itself "the future of
Progressive Talk."
She said McCain was "very friendly with the Vietnamese" and that "they called
him the Prince." She claims he was well-treated by his captors because he
traded propaganda interviews for good treatment.

  GA_googleFillSlot("WND_NWS_C0200");

  GA_googleFillSlot("WND_NWS_C0201");

Blogger Brian Maloney of The Radio Equalizer captured her comments and made
from them a YouTube video.

Rhodes concluded those remarks by claiming that national Republican figures
continue to tell a story contrary to her version of the events and that
McCain's wife limits herself to saying only "I think what my husband did in
Vietnam was heroic" because, according to Rhodes, Cindy McCain knows that her
husband's story is exaggerated.
Rhodes' version of McCain's imprisonment and description of it as being
"well-treated" seems difficult to reconcile with McCain's version of the events.
In his autobiographical account, "Faith of My Fathers," McCain describes having
his shoulder broken with the butt of a rifle, being stabbed in the groin with a
bayonet, being refused medical treatment for multiple broken bones and
attempting suicide to escape the pain.
"They cracked several of my ribs and broke a couple of teeth," wrote McCain.
"Weakened by beatings and dysentery, with my right leg again almost useless, I
found it impossible to stand.
"On the third night I lay in my blood and waste, so tired and hurt that I could
not move. Three guards lifted me to my feet and gave me the worst beating yet.
They left me lying on the floor moaning from the stabbing pain in my
re-fractured arm."
Rhodes' Nova M Radio website describes her as "the #1 Progressive Talk host in
the nation" and claims, "Randi is impeccably researched and infectiously funny;
she pulls no punches and never fails to both enlighten and entertain."
A former host on the nationwide counter to conservative talk radio known as Air
America, Rhodes lost her position in April after an expletive-filled rant
against Democratic politicians Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton.
Rhodes also stirred controversy when she urged looting in the
hurricane-devastated Gulf Coast and threatened the life of President Bush on
air.

If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today's WND Poll.

Related offers:
"The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values"
Get Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation," autographed by the author, exclusively
from WND's online store.
Get the magnetized bumper sticker that is sure to be a political collector's
item no matter how the election turns out: "Defeat Osama, Obama and Chelsea's
Mama"
Get your NObama magnetized bumper sticker exclusively from WND's online store
Find out why you shouldn't vote for Obama or McCain this year in Joseph Farah's
"None of the Above"
Get Whistleblower magazine's exclusive special report on Obama for just $7.50

Previous stories:
Left-wing talker: McCain 'very friendly' with captors
Radio host urges poor to loot
Randi Rhodes: Repeat offender
Air America radio host: Punish me if I broke law
Air America probed after Bush 'gunshots'
Obama oops: War injuries prevent McCain from e-mailing

Mark R. Taylor

Take no prisoners!

http://americantruckersatwar.com
AmericanTruckersAtWar Discussion Group
http://youtube.com/ironponyexpress

Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at