On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:

> Oh and I'm curious. How many mails went out this first time? Or more
> appropriate what % of handlers seem broken?

Since the last major update of the database, which I did by hand, by myself,
51 of the 226 handlers were broken (22.6%). It's been about 45 days since
then, so that means about 1 handler breaks each day.

On a related note, we need to come up with a way to transfer "ownership" of
handlers. I know there are a lot of handlers that I've written that I never
use.  It seems to me that someone who does use a handler would be better
suited to maintain it. I'm worried that people will stop maintaining their
handlers, and the responsibility will fall on me.

One way to handle this would be to ask someone to take it over, and if no one
does, I remove it from the database when it breaks. (Or maybe have it say
"Sorry this content is not available. It will become available when someone
adopts this handler.") Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
David