On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Ashish Baweja wrote:

> I have been using DailyUpdate from long time and have decided to upgrade to
> NewsClipper, but am facing some problems in it. Following is debug output i
> am getting. I would like to point out that handlerlocations in
> NewsClipper.cfg points to /home/indiamostwanted/.NewsClipper and contains
> all the headers.
>
> News Clipper could not load personal configuration file
> "/home/indiamostwanted/.
> NewsClipper/NewsClipper.cfg"
> because of the following error:
> /home/indiamostwanted/.NewsClipper/NewsClipper.cfg
> "handlerlocations" in NewsClipper.cfg must be non-empty

This is a problem which will be fixed in the next version. The error should
read "Neither a system-wide or personal configuration file could be found."

You need to set the NEWSCLIPPER to point to the location of your system-wide
NewsClipper.cfg file. Your personal NewsClipper.cfg should be in
/home/indiamostwanted/.NewsClipper/, and it should contain anything you want
to override in the system-wide file. Or, you can use -c...

> Another problem is if i supply the actual path of cfg file with -c option i
> get following error:
>
>    Undefined subroutine &main::dequote called at ./NewsClipper.pl line 208.
> Undefined subroutine &main::DEBUG called at ./NewsClipper.pl line 704.
> END failed--cleanup aborted.

Make sure modulepath points to the location of the "NewsClipper" directory
that holds the NewsClipper modules. For instance, mine is:
  'modulepath' => '/home/david/scripts/NewsClipper/lib/perl5/5.00502'
because I did a personal installation to /home/david/scripts/NewsClipper.

David