Here's an important corrective, by Ken Anderson, to one little slip
in Andrew Krieg's
fine article on the railroading of Don Siegelman.

(For two good essays on the theft of Siegelman's re-election in '02,
including a statistical
analysis of the vote-theft, see James Gundlach's and Larisa
Alexandrovna's pieces in
Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy,
2000-2008, which
you can get at http://www.markcrispinmiller.com.)

MCM

Hi Mark,

Regarding Andrew Kreig's excellent article,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-kreig/siegelman-deserves-new-tr_b_201455.html

I did have one burp about it, and commented.  I thought I'd pass it along:

-ken

"But he was defeated in a 2002 re-election vote that was so close he
was declared
the winner on Nov. 3 until a reported software glitch during a rural
county recount
cost him 6,000 votes and thus the election. "

Andrew,

This is a fantastic article, but I hate it when obvious election
theft is downplayed
as a "glitch." More pointedly, this "glitch" was discovered in the
middle of the night
by a Republican-only group of election officials, who magically both "lost" and
"found" votes, "losing" only Siegelman votes and "finding" only Riley ones.

Siegelman and Thom Hartmann

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thom-hartmann/interview-with-former-ala_b_99338.html)

tell us:
___________________

[Hartmann:] ... And, in fact, if I understand this correctly, you
were being prosecuted
by a woman whose husband was the campaign manager for the Republican who ran
against you for governor and in the middle of the night in one county
because of a
voting machine malfunction after the election had apparently already
been called in
your favor, suddenly in the middle of the night, when there were nobody except
Republicans standing around, they discovered a couple thousand more votes, and
said: "Oh, yeah, no, no! Don Siegelman actually lost." Do I have that right?

DS: You have it right. They electronically shifted votes from my column to my
Republican opponent's column.

TH: To Bob Riley's column.

DS: I believe, yes, to Bob Riley's column. And oddly enough, it
didn't effect a single
down-ballot race. They took five thousand or six thousand votes of
mine and shifted
it over to Bob Riley, and when they counted everybody else's votes,
the shift was at
the top which, logically, would have made a difference at the bottom...

Let us note, none of what subsequently happened to Siegelman would
have transpired
were it not for the theft of that election. Election theft is the
crux upon which all the other
bullshit teeters.

Ken Anderson