>From Florindo Troncelliti:

For years, candidates for Congress and elected
members of Congress told you they needed to be
elected and re-elected so they could lower health
insurance costs and provide universal coverage.
Along the way, you kept working for and voting
for those candidates and members of Congress
until, at long last, after the 2008 elections they formed wide majorities.

Now, as that new, wide majority drafts
legislation designed to lower health care costs
and provide universal coverage, you deserve to
know if their campaign promises were real, or
just empty rhetoric. Will your Senators support a
meaningful public health insurance option--the
minimum requirement
to lowering health care costs and providing insurance to all Americans--or not?

It is up to us to find out.

Email your Senators the following five, short,
specific questions on where they stand on a
public option. The link below takes you to a page
that allows you to do just that:

<http://healthcareforamericanow.org/page/ic/o2nc8qbnezd5wb/SjJeXBMnCUELRw>http://www.healthcareforamericanow.org/WhipCount

Many members of Congress have given vague,
open-ended answers when asked about their support
for the public option. Many others have avoided
these questions altogether. Some have even signed
statements in support of a public option, and
then flip-flopped under pressure from corporate
interests.

We need to get to the bottom of this. No more
vague answers. No more hiding behind process. No
more talking a good game to progressive
activists, but making deals with insurance
companies behind closed doors.

We need clear, written responses from every
Senator on where they stand on the public option.
As a citizen and as an activist, you are entitled
to answers. If they don’t respond, keep asking.
If they respond, but continue to be vague, keep
asking them.

<http://healthcareforamericanow.org/page/ic/o2nc8qbnezd5wb/SjJeXBMnCUELRw>http://www.healthcareforamericanow.org/WhipCount

You elected this Congress. They answer to you.
They might be able to dodge the media, but as a
constituent, they have to give you answers. Email
your Senators the following five, short, specific
questions on where they stand on a public option.
Don’t stop until you receive a clear, written
response from them:

<http://healthcareforamericanow.org/page/ic/o2nc8qbnezd5wb/SjJeXBMnCUELRw>http://www.healthcareforamericanow.org/WhipCount

Let’s get to the bottom of this. We need to know
Congress is standing with us on the public health
insurance option, so we can continue to stand
with them when they are up for re-election.

In solidarity.