From: boun...@bounces.democracyinaction.com
[mailto:boun...@bounces.democracyinaction.com] On
Behalf Of Cindy Sheehan for Peace
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:21 PM
To: lyn...@gvtc.com
Subject: The President Exhibits Crazy Speech Patterns by Cindy Sheehan

The President Exhibits Crazy Speech Patterns
Cindy Sheehan

As I listened to clips of Obama's speech to the
VFW on August 17th, 2009, I was wondering if his
speechwriters were on vacation and they just
recycled an old Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rice speech.

While the so-called left is focused on the health
care debacle and is allowing the so-called right
to define the debate when it should be: Medicare
for all, and all for Medicare; Obama and his
neocon foreign policy team are preparing for a
decades long, bloody foray in Af-Pak.

As Yael T. Abouhalkah, an editorial writer for the Kansas City Star, put it:

President Barack Obama did his best imitation of
former President George Bush Monday at the VFW
national convention in Phoenix.

Obama sounded downright hawkish -- and, yes,
presidential -- when he addressed the issue of
terrorism in front of the veteran-laden
crowdÅ Dick Cheney could not have said it better.

This is one of the reasons I am leading protests
next week on Martha's Vineyard where President
Obama will be vacationing. The anti-war movement
cannot allow itself to be co-opted by the
Democratic Party any longer.

We cannot allow the War Party and other elites to
define the terms of the War Debate.

Obama actually had this to say in his speech in
front of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW):

We must never forget. This is not a war of
choice. This is a war of necessity. Those who
attacked America on 9/11 are plotting to do so
again. If left unchecked, the Taliban insurgency
will mean an even larger safe haven from which al
Qaeda would plot to kill more Americans. So this
is not only a war worth fighting. This is
fundamental to the defense of our people.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7M%2BN9KHTX7sQvuLFVJyt9j0v5A7FX00I>
He also made a lot of other crazy Bushian
statements, but this one has to take the cake and
lead the charge for peace!

One thing that we must NEVER forget is that the
Taliban, and especially the people of Afghanistan
(26 members of a WEDDING party, not WAR party,
but WEDDING party were bombed and killed
yesterday) DID NOT attack us on 9/11. Even if
Osama did plan the attacks from someplace in
Afghanistan (not likely) this war of choice is
not about defending America. Remember: profit is
not a consequence of war, it is the reason for
war. And how can we as a nation allow the War
Party to sacrifice innocent babies for the
illusion of safety? Afghanistan is just as much a
war of choice as Iraq is, and Obama is choosing
to continue it by exploiting the lies.

What is fundamental to the defense of our people
is a sane foreign policy, not more war crimes
brought to the world by the War Criminals in DC.
What is fundamental to our health and prosperity
is to bring the troops home from Iraq-Af-Pak and
reduce the Pentagon budget so we can afford such
basic human rights as health care, housing and
education.

Besides Afghans and Pakistanis being killed and
displaced at a Bushian clip, these days, our
troops are increasingly being killed and wounded
so the War Profiteers can squeeze more bucks out
of violence. More of our families will be harmed
while most of the anti-war movement stands down
for Obama.

This is unconscionable.

I don't care if you love Obama, or hate him, or
something in between (he has the lowest approval
ratings of any President after 7 months in
office), we must loathe his wars and his crazy
hate speech directed at our brothers and sisters
in war torn regions.

Please join us on Martha's Vineyard from August
26th-30th to demonstrate to the world that there
are still some people here in America who want
peace no matter who's inhabits the Oval Office.
For more information please email, or call:

Laurie Dobson
lauriegdob...@yahoo.com
(207) 604-8988

or