From Robert Glenn Plotner:

In 2004/2005 while auditing election results, I suddenly found my
access blocked to government websites containing election returns as
well as election reform websites. No other sites were
affected. I documented the problems. Different browsers. Different
computers. Cache cleared,
Router rebooted. Though I posted about the issue, no one seemed to
take it seriously (even at DU). After all it sounds paranoid, or
merely like a glitch of some kind. But when I connected the same
computer through a different ISP, it connected immediately. That made
me suspect that BellSouth (now AT&T) & the Bush cronies were up to
something criminal. Of course, we later found out
that they were actively engaged in doing exactly that and more.

Recently, I added my voice to the Glenn Beck/Fox News boycott by
adding a Facebook "Cause" page. It's just riding the coattails of an
already established movement, but it is helping to grow
FB member support. And now, it's happening again. Suddenly, I am
unable to connect to Facebook from home computers over AT&T. Same
measures to clear the cache, reboot the router, try
different browsers, etc. It seems only Facebook is effected at this
point. I can log on to Facebook,
just not from this connection. I do know that AT&T is partnered with
Fox in many ways. The question is, does this stem from AT&T using
their still installed Bush free speech filters, or am I missing some
other scenario or technical issue? I don't know. Suggestions
appreciated.

[I asked Robert for permission to send out his email. He replied as
follows--MCM]

Yes, it's okay.

I confirmed my suspicions by further going through an anonymous proxy
server to hide my IP.
Using a proxy, Facebook is immediately available to all of my home
computers! But, switching
back to go through AT&T's servers, I'm instantly blocked again. Are
they still using Bush's eavesdropping program to monitor their users,
or is this just basic site blocking akin to what an employer would do?

AT&T certainly attempted to write such actions into their terms of
service in 2007 when they
issued a take-it-or-leave-it agreement stating that "AT&T may
immediately terminate or suspend
all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail
address, IP address, Universal
Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice for
conduct that AT&T believes... tends to damage the name or reputation
of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries."
Public outcry made them rescind their wholly anti-American campaign
to limit speech,
information, and thought, but apparently that was a ruse.

I spent the morning switching ISP's and phone accounts. I'll have to
wait for the tech's to come
out before I'm fully able to switch over. I'm honestly dumbfounded.
While I try to add my voice
to political debate and step up when called, I'm not a full-time
activist. The last time I was able to check, all of 277 FB users
signed the petition regarding Beck from my FB Cause page in the few
days since I added it to the coattails of a much larger movement.
It's a drop in the bucket, but a
drop to which some speech monitor seems especially sensitive. Is AT&T
invested in a Glenn
Beck version of a former America? I wish somehow that this was
something else, but my previous experience tells me it is probably
otherwise.

Robert