Buongiorno Roberto,

grazie per la segnalazione!

devo dire che "fakeyou" è un titolo spettacolare :-)

Roberto Resoli <robe...@resolutions.it> writes:

> Sulla stessa linea è di recente uscito
> "Fake You – An Activist’s Guide to Defeating Disinformation" di Simona
> Levi et al.
>
> https://xnet-x.net/en/fakeyou-disinformation-free-download/

ho aperto l'URL che hai indicato sopra ma il testo che riporti sotto non
viene da quel URL: plz da dove lo hai citato?

>> Conferences about disinformation are mainstream. They are appealing,
>> and institutions love them. They all seem to follow the same formula:
>> a star speaker, boasting a fashionable biography (that omits the
>> financial or client-affective ties to a political party) rattles off
>> a list of stereotypical evils of technology, leading to a conclusion
>> that could be summarised like this: “Given the very new danger of
>> disinformation and fake news brought by the Internet and Artificial
>> Intelligence (Al), for your own sake, the solution is to create
>> institutions that ensure that internet and digital are not evil and -
>> basically - ‘regulate’ freedom of expression in the digital era for
>> the sake of the Truth.”
>>
>> This false conclusion is the main reason for this book: fake news is
>> used as an excuse to curtail civil rights.

ecco la presentazione del libro, tratta dall'URL citato sopra

last but not least: il libro è distribuito con licenza CC-BY-SA 4.0 :-)

«#FakeYou An Activist’s Guide to Defeating Disinformation»

We have just released -> #FakeYou – Don't blame the people; don't blame
the Internet. Blame the power

/Governments, political parties, mass media, large corporations and
fortunes: the monopolies of information manipulation and the threats
to freedom of expression./

[Free download].  Please, share by all means.

This is THE activist's guide to defeating fake news and blocking
policies that use disinformation to curtail civil rights and freedoms.

Power has lied to us since the beginning of time.  The methods and
technologies used have differed, but lying is in power's DNA.  In the
institutional agenda, disinformation is used to say that the problem
is with us (as usual) but, in fact, it's with them.  We have had
enough.  This book shows how and why power has always created
disinformation and how today's fake news is just that same age-old lie
and propaganda going by a different name.

We provide rock-solid solutions: first, more democracy, and second, a
brand new systemic labelling method.

This book is the update of the Spanish version from 2019 [title
translated ->] [#FakeYou] – Fake News and Disinformation –
Governments, political parties, mass media, large corporations and
fortunes: the monopolies of information manipulation and the threats
to freedom of expression. – Editorial Rayo Verde.

By Simona Levi et al.
*Free download* [here].

And here:
Archive
<https://archive.org/details/fake-you-simona-levi-xnet>

Torrent archive
<https://xnet.maadix.org/nextcloud/index.php/s/pFRkFtWJdJYKnEd>

Z-Library
<https://singlelogin.re/book/29319401/36110a/fakeyou-an-activists-guide-to-defeating-fake-news.html>

Library Genesis
[https://library.bz/main/uploads/]

Amule
[ed2k://|file|Fake%20You%20]

*Contents*

Introduction

*PART 1 – Disinformation History: None of This is an Internet
 Invention*

1 – Propaganda. A brief history of fake news and information
manipulation in the Global North

2 – Follow the money. Deconstructing the foundational cases of
contemporary disinformation

An industrial-scale set-up, affordable only for a few

Part 1 conclusion: anywhere, everywhere, anytime, every time

*PART 2 – Current Approaches To Disinformation And Why They Do Not
 Work*

1 – Biases in the definition of fake news and disinformation

The definition of ‘disinformation' as a diversionary manoeuvre

Modalities of falsehoods and human nature

An action-oriented definition of ‘disinformation'

2 – Legislative moods that damage civil rights and freedoms

A case study: how European institutions deal with disinformation

3 – Fact-checking is not enough

Codes of practice for journalism and fact-checkers – ABC of
verification

*PART 3 – Let's Do The Right Thing*

1 – Preventive, compulsory labelling of institutional communication
and (dis) information businesses

Information, opinion, propaganda or advertising: who is who and what
they do

It is not about Truth; it is about the ‘duty of verification'

2 – Rules for dismantling the disinformation industry

Following the money works

Online and OFFLINE

*Conclusion – To Combat Disinformation: More Democracy*

[Free download]
<https://xnet.maadix.org/nextcloud/index.php/s/HbaTHr4zscb8ZL3>

[#FakeYou] <https://xnet-x.net/es/informe-fake-news-desinformacion/>

[here] <https://xnet.maadix.org/nextcloud/index.php/s/HbaTHr4zscb8ZL3>

[https://library.bz/main/uploads/]
<https://library.bz/main/uploads/30A307F83EAF5184AF9B354F66342964>

[ed2k://|file|Fake%20You%20]
<http://ed2k://%7Cfile%7CFake%20You%20-%20An%20Activist's%20Guide%20to%20Defeating%20Fake%20News%20-%20Simona%20Levi%20et%20al_.opf%7C1914%7C0D91A9742769AD528A75BEAB8F1BC391%7C/>

[...]

ciao, 380°

--
380° (Giovanni Biscuolo public alter ego)

«Noi, incompetenti come siamo,
 non abbiamo alcun titolo per suggerire alcunché»

Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.