Thank you for the input. Alas, I have yet to find a way to extend the
recordings, which has annoyed me very much as well. From,
     Preston Lust

    On Friday, September 23, 2016 5:29 PM, Jay McGowan <jw...@cornell.edu>
wrote:

 Hi all,I just wanted to post a reminder that when sending out flight calls for
ID, some of us would really appreciating your leaving a second or two before
and after the target sound. This really helps a lot when trying to actually
listen to the recordings, as it can end up sounding like just a wall of sound
otherwise, with the target voc impossible to pick out of the noise without some
introduction first. Boosting the gain (normalizing) the clip would also be
helpful in many cases. Both of these are also very important for prepping
recordings for upload to eBird, if that is something anyone on here is
interested in doing.
Thanks!Jay