I am currently trying to move my users home directories to a server running
opensolaris 2009.06.

I have created an /export/home file system, then a child file system for each
user.  So when I go and mount the /export/home file system I get directories
that are all owned by root and empty.

If I mount the file system individually I get the proper ownerships and files.

for example mounting /export/home/grant gives me all of my files and they are
all owned by me.

I was reading the sys admin guide and poking through the man pages and saw that
I should really be using nfsv4 so I mounted with nfsv4 and I get the files now
, but ownership is now nobody and the group is nogroup.

I say automount is supposed to help but I can not really use automount here so
that does not really help.

I wanted to avoid using one filesystem for the whole group of user directories
so I could have snapshots of certain users on a more regular basis.

The system I am test mounting on is running ubuntu 9.04.

Anyone had this experience and fixed it?

Thank you.

Grant