Tom,

> This (NFSv4) has been integrated for some time (Jan 2006) and google
> shows that:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/samf/entry/a_dtrace_provider_for_nfs
>
> Sam also gave a presentation at Connecthathon in 2006:
> http://www.connectathon.org/talks06/falkner.pdf
>
> NFSv3 was added later, you can look at:
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/DTrace/nfsv3+Provider

unfortunately, both providers are for the NFSv4 and v3 *server* only, as is
mentioned in the DTrace WiKi.  dtrace -l shows (except for the fbt
provider) mostly module nfssrv.  There are a few probes in the nfs module,
but nothing generic.

This year's Connectathon talk on Solaris pNFS Client WIP

        http://www.connectathon.org/talks09/cthon09-client-wip.pdf

mentions a NFSv4 client provider on slide 14, but I haven't been able to
find it in the nfs41-gate repository.

        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University