Yes, /home/andre does exist and is accessible by other Linux clients (and
FreeBSD clients for that matter).  Yes, it simply works by editing the fstab
file or using the proper command.

> Could you get snoop output?
>
> On your OpenSolaris client:
>
> # snoop -o /root/mount.scp mandibox sol
>
> where mandibox and sol are the names of the two
> machines involved.
>
> If possible, don't have any other connection between
> the two going on
> (e.g., a ssh session from one to the other to do
> scripting/commands).

Am I to understand this command as "snoop -o /root/mount.scp [nfs_server]
[nfs_client]"?

The output of the above is:
andre at sol:~# snoop -o /root/mount.scp mandibox sol
Using device nge0 (promiscuous mode)
30 ^C

Where "^C" is where I canceled with [ctrl+c].  I had let this run for some time
before cancelling (between 5-10 min).