AFAICT, all my patches compiled as of June 19th -- before the
release time.  Even the ones before June 11th.  So I don't
know what the problem is/was with bisection.

https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236495/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236496/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236497/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236498/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236499/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236500/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236501/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236502/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236503/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236504/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236505/5
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236506/5

On 6/23/15 12:50 PM, Frank Filz wrote:
>> Attached it. I wanted to include it in my first mail but it was too big to
>> send
>> inline along with another mail.

That's an ACL patch.  Those are supposed to be delayed until this week.

>>> Moreover, it's best not to squash patches from multiple sources.
>>> If you have a patch to a patch, just add it to the chain.
>
> It is common accepted practice in kernel land for maintainers to add stuff to
> patches, see the documentation:

Certainly.  I'm not the maintainer.  Neither is Dominique.

>> I can't, because then would have one commit that does not build (again).
>> Please re-apply my patch yourself if you care - it comes straight out of a
>> git
>> diff of both branches (my next and your gerrithub tip)
>
> And now that we have automatons running tests on every patch (which is a good
> thing) it is easier and more important to assure that each passes whatever
> tests the automatons run (even if it's just a compile). Will it mean perfect
> bisectability? No, but it will mean that folks WILL have an easier time doing
> a bisect if they need to.

But we all agree that perfect bisectibility is not possible.