Based on my code reading, both those functions give the node matching
the key if one is present. _inf() will give a node that would be prev
of key and _sub() will give _next of key if key isn't present in the
tree. You should be able to call avltree_inf() and then call
avltree_next on the returned node (which should be same as
avltree_sub). You could also do avltree_sub() and then avltree_prev.

Regards, Malahal.