There are currently no changes in the Ceph side.

Daniel

On 07/05/2017 09:56 AM, Supriti Singh wrote:
So at the moment the direction is more to use pacemaker/corosync and
each FSAL its own way to handle the client state in shared storage.
Looking at storhaug, it seems like the plan is to use the same resource
agent for both gluster and ceph (cephfs and rgw) backend. We need to
point to different shared storage in the resource agent as per the
backend FSAL.

For Ceph in particular, can you please point out the development effort.
I am aware of patch submitted by Gui using rados kv as
backend(https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/355070/). Are there changes
required in ceph side of code also?

Thanks,
Supriti

------
Supriti Singh
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz...@mindspring.com> 07/05/17 3:36 PM >>>
CMAL is dead.  There wasn't enough interest in it, and the majority of it's
features are provided by whatever clustered filesystem is backing Ganesha.

CMAL is dead, long live CMAL!

What came out of the CMAL effort was a couple things:

1. The dBus interface we have for clustering (takeip, releaseip,
entergrace) is needed by everyone, no need to make that part pluggable
2. Everyone at the time was using shared storage for client recovery
information
3. Clusterized DRC seemed like too big a thing

On the other hand, the pluggable backend for the client recovery
information is really just part of the CMAL ideas under a new name...

There are plans underway to extend the FSAL APIs to support more features
required by HA.  It's unlikely that we'll ever be able to run active/active
without a framework like pacemaker/corosync, but it's not impossible.

Note that storhaug for Gluster does do active/active, so it's certainly
possible.  Work for Ceph is still in progress.

Daniel

Frank

---