On 9/20/17 9:45 AM, Frank Filz wrote:
On 9/20/17 8:57 AM, Jeff Layton wrote:
On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 08:50 -0400, William Allen Simpson wrote:
Soumya, Jeff, how close is new delegation code to being stable?

The new interface is merged, and I don't see us needing to make
further changes to it.

Excellent.  It's too close to Friday merge to put in my new clnt_call()
callback
code and get it tested.  We discussed this in Ann Arbor on Monday, and it
would be best for a nice stable testing environment for bake-a-thon next
week.

It's just Wednesday... Put it up and see where we get. Let Jeff try it with
delegations, and also run cthon04 over NFS v3 (to test NLM callbacks).

I mostly write code on Fridays (and weekends).  I've already got more
NTI-RPC code in the pipeline from last week.

And a potential bug fix from this morning.  It only happened once,
wasn't able to reproduce even minutes later with the same code.  But
after the one line change all of my re-tests went swimmingly, so I'm
asking DanG for review today.

But we can review it next week.  Meanwhile, I'll post a separate
discussion
thread.

Or give it a good hearty run through at BAT next week...

We want to get some hearty correctness and performance numbers.  So
adding in sketchy code that needs some fleshing out now wouldn't be
helpful for the participants.

Besides, I've not even started the UDP side.  Just some quick and
dirty TCP code.  I've tried to make that transport agnostic.  But
it's not well integrated or ready for prime time.  I'm looking for
better ideas.