On 11/1/17 3:07 PM, Frank Filz wrote:
I think we only need a single call fired off. If the client doesn't get it,
there's not much recourse. I guess if a TCP connection actually fails, we could
retry then, but over UDP there is no way to know what happened.

Thanks for working on cleaning this up.

Turning it into a one-shot turned out to be easiest.  Allow timeout 0,
and don't wait for timeout 0, plus refreshes = 0 to prevent retrying
for bad authentication (as we'll never know whether it was bad).

Assuming still need the retry loop for the "spurious EAI_NONAME errors"?

And it will still retry (tearing down and rebuilding the connection) for
TCP failing....  Hard to test, probably never happens.

Hopefully DanG will have time to review and merge the ntirpc by Friday.
Matt had already taken a quick look yesterday.