Hi,

I have been reading the documentation of NHibernate and I think that I
am trying to accomplish is not possible, but i wanted to make sure
here.

Basically what i want is having:
-Class A
-Class B -> inherits A
-Class B1 -> inherits B
-Class B2 -> inherits B
-Class B3 -> inherits B

Map A in a Table, B in another Table, but B1, B2 and B3 in the same
table than B.

Reading in the documentation i found:
"It is possible to use different mapping strategies for different
branches of the same inheritance hierarchy, and then make use of
implicit polymorphism to achieve polymorphism across the whole
hierarchy. However, Hibernate does not support mixing <subclass>, and
<joined-subclass> and <union-subclass> mappings under the same root
<class> element. It is possible to mix together the table per
hierarchy and table per subclass strategies, under the the same
<class> element, by combining the <subclass> and <join>  elements (see
below). "

>From what I can understand and I've researched, mapping the classes
the way I need is not possible, but I would like someone to enlighten
me if I am wrong :)

Thanks in advance.-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to