I am sorry, maybe I missunderstood the answer, but is not clear yet to
me if what I want to accomplish is possible.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

On Feb 24, 9:34 am, Dzyann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Fabio,
> Thanks for your answer.
> I will explain what I am trying to accomplish, but due to copyright
> reasons won't use the exact example :)
>
> We used to have a class "State" and there were 3 classes that would
> inherit from State, I can't come up with good names, so i will just
> call them "State1", "State2" and "State3". All this 4 classes were
> mapped in the same table.
>
> Then there was the need to make State inherit from another class that
> already exists in the system and adds certain functionality. This
> class that lets call it "Extension" is already mapped and there are a
> couple of other classes that inherit from it.
>
> The problem comes when i am trying to make State inherit from
> Extension, because i would like to keep State mapped as used to be
> (State, State1, State2 and State3 all in one table) and just inherit
> from Extension that is mapped in its own table. Right now we are using
> Fluent (a little old version of it), and i couldn't acomplish this
> mapping with it. What it generates is:
>
> <code>
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> - <hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2" default-
> lazy="true" assembly="Model" namespace="Model.States">
> - <joined-subclass name="State" table="States" xmlns="urn:nhibernate-
> mapping-2.2" extends="Model.States.Extension, Model">
>   <key column="Id" />
>   <discriminator column="Type" type="String" force="true" />
>   <subclass name="Model.States.State1, Model, Version=1.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bc872fcc54e69d1a" discriminator-
> value="State1" />
>   <subclass name="Model.States.State2, Model, Version=1.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bc872fcc54e69d1a" discriminator-
> value="State2" />
>   <subclass name="Model.States.State3, Model, Version=1.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bc872fcc54e69d1a" discriminator-
> value="State3" />
>   </joined-subclass>
>   </hibernate-mapping>
> </code>
>
> Wich fails because it finds the tag "discriminator" inside a joined-
> subclass. As with fluent wouldn't work i decide to try with the
> mappings directly, but really haven't had luck, besides reading in the
> documentation it seemed like what i wanted couldnt be done. I really
> don't have much practice anymore with xml mappings and is probably
> that the reason I am not accomplishing my objective. The truth is that
> some weeks ago i had this same problem with other classes of the
> system, and i tried mapping them with xml file but i couldn't, but
> finally the problem got solved because we changed the model.
>
> I will appreciate any advice, Regards.-

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to