I took the carbs back off to replace the fuel line and T-Fitting, and I
found *another *T-Fitting with no hose attached that I hadn't noticed
before. Its on the engine side of the carbs, and just above the butterfly
valve. There wasn't one between the center carbs or the other pair, but I
can see where one would go. When I turned the carbs upside down fuel came
out of the T-Fitting, thats how I noticed it.  I looked it up in the parts
fiche, and it's number 6 with a very descriptive name "joint set". I also
looked up the hose, #31 with an even more descriptive name of "bulk hose,
vinyl". I've uploaded pics of this mystery part on my blog here
http://munz.kicks-ass.net/nighthawk/?p=242 .

So, what is this part, and were I to hook a hose up to it, where would I
hook up the other end?