Yank,

   I've been riding my '93 750 since I bought it new.  41 mpg in town
is about right, though I'm a little heavy on the throttle, so some
might do better.   This summer on the open road, I was getting a solid
45 mpg.

   Personally, I like the gearing setup.  The tach shows 5,000 rpm at
75mph and (at least on my bike) it's dead smooth.  That's a good rpm
to start at if you want to pour on the coals for a pass.  On my road
trip this summer I spent most of my highway time in 4th gear, unless
it was a loooong flat straight stretch.

   If you want to lower the rpms at highway speed, change out the
front sprocket from the stock 15 tooth to a 16 tooth.  It's a common
Nighthawk mod and will drop your top gear rpms at 75 mph to 4600.

John