Having traveled across the entire western half of the USA with a
sidecar, I find it a very relaxing experience as do my two sons.  When
the oldest and I are on the rig we flip coins to see who gets to be
the monkey.  Between all three of us we eventually fall asleep from
the comfort and fresh air it is truly an electic experience.  It is
much akin to an enhanced version of riding solo.

With the sidecar you can carry all the things needed and un-needed for
living in comfort while camping on such crosscountry tours making the
experience even more of an adventure.  Every time I try to cull the
packing list down I find that I rationalize keeping the items because
I have the room and "I might need it" which I seldom do.  But all this
is just a lot of fun and only makes me want to do more of it.

Want a real thrill, try flying down the Rockies late a night at 75 mph
in a sidecar.  You'll never go back to a cage.  L0L

I am looking to sell my Dodge mini van as I have learned it is a
useless expensive contraption that just takes up needed garage space,
that cost six times more to insure, gets one third the gas milage and
requires computized tune ups that cost as much as a full years
maintaince for the rig.  I also get the enjoyment of doing the
maintenance myself.  I understand that not everyone can do this or
enjoys doing mechanical work, but for me it is relaxing and
fulfilling.

Driving a rig is much different than riding a 2 wheel solo bike, which
we do also and truly enjoy.  Me with my 91' 750 Nighthawk, my oldest
with his Kawa-Ninga-ZX something or other, and hopefully a 650 NH for
my youngest when the time comes.  Both methods of motocycle
transportation are profound far superior to dull boring cage
confinement and something you should try to understand.  Now as far as
those ridiculous things called Trikes are concerned, they should all
be sent to the scrap metal crusher and compacted for the steel mills
to render into ingot.