From: Greg Holuban <gman...@msn.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Sprocket science?
To: "nighthawk_lovers" <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 8:09 PM

Last week, while riding my '91 750 I noticed a thumping feel through my
pegs, like I had a giant bubble gum stuck on my rear wheel. But it wasn't
keeping pace with the wheel rotation. I checked the front sprocket (rear is
new,
chain too) and it looked worn, so I ordered a new one. When I took the old one
off, I noticed that it was put on backwards. How? It reads OUTSIDE
15  on one side. So, is it just a cheap "fix" to flip the sprocket, or a
bad idea? There is just a small difference on each side for thickness. The new
sprocket can't be flipped.