These would be the non-mechanicaly inclined amoung those who claim to be
Motorcycle riders.  Sparkel is fine but function is what's important. Just like
OIL...! LOL

--- On Sat, 1/17/09, Dennis Hammerl <blues...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Dennis Hammerl <blues...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Sprocket science?
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 11:23 PM

Many handling problems on chain drive bikes can be traced back to the drive
system. A tight spot on a chain can cause some very starnge  things. Since the
actual drive is off-center, a tight spot can cause a slight jerk to one side as
it travels between sprockets. Now, the rear suspension is attached quite well
to the bike and the mass of the asssembly is much more than the fork
assembly... the tail wags the dog. The steering will shake. I have seen some
really bad chains in my time. Usually on very pretty bikes. The owner hates the
mess that lube makes.