Oh, I'm not getting rid of it. I usually keep the first of whatever I buy. First pistol, first firearm...etc. Tried to keep the first car but it kinda blew up on me.
And the next motorcycle I'm looking for won't be as gas friendly. I'll buy a cruiser for long trips and use the Nighthawk as my 'round town and short trips bike. Now that it's actually comfy... On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Creative Residential Designs <[email protected]> wrote: > > Yes, it's sacrilege. When you move to something bigger and better please > donate your Nighthawk to the HotrodMamma "Save the Nighthawk" museum. When > you miss it later, remember, I told you so! > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Kyle K.K." <[email protected]> > To: <[email protected]> > Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 10:45 AM > Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: went down today > > > > I never thought of my bike as a vintage bike. > > Might give it more class. > > But to me it's just my first bike on the way to something bigger and > better. Is that sacrilege? > > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Gene Henry <[email protected]> wrote: >> Here in the cold, snow, and ice of Wisconsin/Minnesota the winters are >> long >> and "uneventful" (read: no fun) and before snowmobiles and ATVs, they used >> to race cars and motorcycles on the cleared ice. They used steel studded >> tires! I never observed a race, but the good side would be that if you >> lost >> it, you would be sliding on the ice, not the tarmac/concrete. And I'm sure >> they used "disposable" bikes, not vintage Nighthawks. >> >> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: stanley/ Randolph >> To: [email protected] >> Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:29 AM >> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: went down today >> JD - I'm with you. I have ridden on gravel with street tires and on grass >> also, and that was bad enough. I didn't fall, but the lack of traction >> really gets the heart pumpin' when it feels like you're goin' down. >> Stanley >> >> ________________________________ >> From: JD <[email protected]> >> To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <[email protected]> >> Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:35:06 PM >> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: went down today >> >> >> I used to live up in Eastern Washington, but now I'm down in LA. Snow >> is one thing I've always refused to ride in. I've ridden in crazy >> rain, hail, below freezing, and heavy fog. If someone knows anything >> riding techniques to use in the snow maybe I'd try it. But right now, >> I won't take out anything that doesn't have at least three wheels in >> the snow. If I can't bank on at least a little bit of traction I want >> more stability....that's just me >> ~JD >> >> On Mar 21, 8:48 am, "Kyle K.K." <[email protected]> wrote: >>> I was going all of 3 mph. No damage to me or the bike (yay for the >>> giant crashbar.) 90 degree corners on snow SUUUUUUUCK. >>> >>> Anyone else riding in snow? >>> >>> -Kyle >> > >> > > > > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
