From: stanley/ Randolph <tinkrm...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: [Rodents}
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, April 6, 2009, 12:51 PM

Have you any dogs?  Especially, like, a trained guard dog?  It may not be as
effective a deterrent as a 22,  but would keep most of the two-legged rats
away; and maybe would eat the four-legged ones.
Last neighborhood I lived in here there were some dudes who came at night while
I was at work and stole my tools and a lawn mower from my carport even with the
dog (lawn mower didn't work - was just for parts, but I lost my tools).  They
used a long iron pipe to subdue her and broke the mailbox down jumping the
fence/gate to get in.  It was chained.  From the looks of it, there had to be
more than one; the lawn mower was not light enough for one person to lift it
over the fence, nor was my toolbox.
I was somewhat relieved to discover that a ring of thieves had pilfered houses
across the whole neighborhood.  A hit-and-run group from out of town.
Yes, the neighborhood had turned into  crackville.  I found out when I went for
a walk late one evening, only to see this huge dude with a needle in his arm
calling to someone down the street to come help him, because he couldn't find
his vein...
To think, that area used to be the heart of affluence in this town...