The thing that amazed me about my son and his telling off the fool was that he
was in third grade at the time.  He continues to amaze me, inspite of my
instance in his enrolling in College he enlisted in the Regular Army.  He was
made Squad leader in the second week and hasn't looked back since.  I'm not
really surprised because I always knew he was very intelligent, he taught
himself to read starting at the age of two because of his intense interest in
anything "AUTOMOBILE", pushing him down the street in his baby carriage(before
the age of two) he'd pull himself up holding on the the side of the carriage
looking at all the cars parked on the side of the street asking while pointing
at the cars "who car?" he could hardly speak but was gaining daily and soon
connected the varioius logos and the brand names, pointing them out in the
newspaper and repeating the names of the brands.  This soon lead to read me the
stories dad, read me the stories, and he
 caught on really quick when I spent a quarter hour talking about A, E, I,
O,U,  His first grade teacher sent a letter home admonishing me about trying to
teach my son to read because it was too difficult for a parent to do.  Another
fool by her own demostration.

In the one room school house where I stored my gun in my cubby most of my seven
first grade classmates knew how to read at some degree when they entered the
first grade.  Mother had a different role back then.  And as demonstrated by my
father and his teaching so did men.  What a sorry state we have today.

I'm intending on doing a 360 about Lake MIchigan with the Ural and my
son, starting this Friday going counter clockwise, should be in the UP some
where round the middle of next week.  will take my lap top and be in contact
nightly--hopefully the lap top has satilite capability don't know how this all
works cause I just inheriated the beast from my eldest who was home on leave
during Febuary and replaced this one with a new Apple.

My youngest dosen't have the gifts the eldest has. So I need to make this trip
last the duration of Easter Break and keep him in the tub and off the streets
and out of trouble.  We have time to spend.