Welcome to the group. If you go to
http://www.hondanighthawks.net/map.htmlyou can see if others live near
you and add yourself to the map. As to the
center stand, when I changed the tires on my 650 I balanced it on the
centerstand and put a "Kitty condo" under the forks. I also put a block in
front of the center stand and knocked a wooden wedge under the engine
between the exhaust pipes. It didn't look the most professional but it
seemed to hold it pretty stable.

[image: new 
tires]<http://munz.kicks-ass.net/nighthawk/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/img_0930.JPG>

http://munz.kicks-ass.net/nighthawk/?attachment_id=209


-Kyle
-Sent from Houston, TX, United States

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM, The Webby <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hey guys(and gals if there are any),
>
> I bought a 1984 Honda Nighthawk S in Sept 2006 after I retired from
> the Navy. Rode it a lot (except in black ice conditions - something
> that happens a lot here in the Puget Sound near Seattle.
>
> I love my bike. It still has that classic look and I knew I wanted one
> from the moment I saw them back in 1986. Sweet retirement present, eh?
>
> Last September, a woman ran into me as I was turning left off a
> highway and I dropped it. I gnashed my teeth. I moaned and yelled.
> Now it is June and I want to get it back on the road. It sustained
> only minor damage. It is also a good time to replace the fork seals,
> brake pads, etc.
>
> I don't have a bike lift. And as I look at the undercarriage, it seems
> that it would bend the exhaust pipes - not keen on that. Anyone here
> have advice / opinions about lifting the nose to remove the front
> fork, tire, etc?
>
> I build a stand and put it up on the center stand and ratcheted it
> down yesterday but it wants to roll off the stand.
>
> So now, I am considering building a lifting frame out of 4X4s and
> borrowing a comealong from a friend and lift the entire bike with
> ratchet straps.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Spencer
>
> ps - when I get it going again - anyone near me wanting to go for
> rides message me  - I'm always game for a nice ride
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to