The article refers to much earlier model 750's. Your's has no such adjustment. 
There are no external fasteners or adjusters on a later model.

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, RicCarr <[email protected]> wrote:

From: RicCarr <[email protected]>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Cam chain Tensioner reset ?
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 12:32 PM

Hello,
Anyone tried this tip on the www.hondanighthawks.net/repair.htm page?

I have the Clymer manual for my 1992 750, but still wasn't clear on where the 
"self adjusting cam cam tensioner" was. The author notes a "two minute" effort. 
I believe I do have a rattle sound as described, so thought giving this 
adjustment might be worthwhile. Opinion?

Cheers,Eric

Quote ...
I found a substantial improvement in the sound of the top end of the motor 
after taking two minutes to loosen up (then retighten) the self adjusting cam 
chain tensioner and let it do its thing. Before this adjustment I was getting a 
rattling/loose sound from the top end at about ~4300 rpm. The sound is now 
totally gone. I have also pulled the carbs and found the acceleration pump was 
mal-adjusted and was not doing its job at all. After the fix (parts available 
on eBay for less than $20), I now see four nice little spurts of fuel down 
through each of the four carbs whenever the throttle is whipped open (the 
design here is to keep the fuel/air mixture from becoming momentarily too lean 
when the throttle plate is suddenly opened). With this repair, I hope to see an 
even better throttle response now when I get it back together.








      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to