Cool story. I try to use amonia free window cleaner these days. Mebbe that's
why I had bad luck in the past.

-Kyle
-Sent from Houston, TX, United States

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM, surfswab <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> A bit of trivia:
>
> My granddad, a professor/scientist at Michigan State for most of his
> life, invented and patented the process for making water "wetter" by
> breaking the surface tension of individual drops, creating smaller
> droplets, which then flowed off hard surfaces with the natural
> movement of air across the surface, without leaving spots.
>
> So whenever you use Rain-X, or Calgon dishwasher detergent, or the
> like, that's his work.  It was also used as a wetting agent in the
> process of developing film to allow the film to dry without water-
> spotting (back when cameras used film, that is).
>
> I seem to recall that differing results from Rain-X applications were
> caused by the type of cleaner used to clean the surface before
> applying the solution.  I could be mistaken, but I think ammonia was
> the culprit.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to