I don't know that Rain-X IS a wetting agent, but it probably contains
one derived from grandpa's invention.   He's long gone now or I could
ask him.  I know that he was earning royalties from Calgon for their
use of his formula in their dishwasher detergent and from Kodak for
their film wetting agent.

Neither of those products required prepared surfaces for the solution
to work, like Rain-X does (Dunno, even, if Rain-X was in existence
while he was alive).  The only precondition was a clean, impermeable
surface.

Of course his solution did its thing in liquid form.  Since Rain-X is
a type of coating that wears off eventually, there may be some type of
wax or silicone in it as well, like there is in Armor-All that causes
the water to bead.  Grandpa's concoction worked by breaking the beads
into progressively smaller beads which would then "sheet" off the
surface in the presence of moving air (like the drying cycle in a dish
washer or fans in a film drying cabinet), taking spot-causing
contaminants with it.

That's about all I know about the process.  It's a family story that
comes up now and then at reunions.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to